Come out and CHEER for the Millers in their upcoming Sections matches! Games start Thursday at 5pm vs. South at Washburn Stadium. (Miller Boys play at 7:00 vs. South on the 14th, so it’s a double-header!)
Washburn Soccer Senior Night will be on October 7!
Please join us to celebrate all the amazing seniors in the Washburn girls’ soccer program: Erin, Libby, Vada, Maggie, Meg, Ava, Charlotte, Julia A, Julia C, Nikki, Kiersten, Anna, Arianna, Maya, and managers Hannah and Avery.
Come out to cheer for the boys and girls soccer seniors – they have helped make this program what it is, and we love and appreciate their dedication, leadership, and love of the game. Keep an eye out for the featured senior posts on our Instagram page.
Boys Varsity Game: 5:00
Program: Approx. 6:20 (pictures before)
Girls Varsity Game: 7:00
Come cheer for all the Washburn soccer teams on Super Soccer Saturday, with games starting Friday afternoon (Girls B Squad) and running all day Saturday, starting at 8 a.m. The Varsity girls and boys will take on the St. Paul Central Minutemen at 6pm & 8pm. There will be games, prizes, food, and Washburn Soccer gear will be available for sale at the stadium. Pay once to enjoy all Saturday games!
Below are some key dates for the 2021 Fall Season:
August 9-13- Captain’s practice (optional)
August 12- Miller/Alumni Scrimmage 6:30 (optional)
August 15- Car Wash Fundraiser (Honest-1)
August 16- Soccer Starts/Evaluations begin
August 19- Team placement and team practices start
August 24- All Program Potluck 6:00 at Washburn
August 26- First Games at Lakeville North
Sept. 14- Future Miller Night
Sept. 18- Soccer Saturday vs. St. Paul Central (B-squad kicks things off Friday, Sept 18th at 3:30 vs SW)
Sept. 28- Sylvester Cup vs. Southwest
Oct. 7- Senior Night vs. Roosevelt
Oct. 9- End of Regular Season
Oct. 17 – Program Banquet (evening)
Fall Sports Registration Night – 8/4 @ 5-7pm (if you are not able to be there that night, paperwork is available outside the athletic office and can be turned in that week or next).
Please try to have everything in by August 12, 2021. Forms also can be printed off and turned in-
- Washburn Registration Form
- 2021-2022 MSHSL Eligibility Statement (part of the 2021-2022 MSHSL Eligibility Brochure)- page 10 and 11- parent and player signatures
- Physicals needed on file (update every 3 years): 2021-2022 MSHSL Physical Exam Form
- For all players with a sports physical completed within the last three years: 2021-2022 Sports Health Questionnaire
- Washburn/Minneapolis Public Schools Athletics Player Information – Emergency Contact Form
- Minneapolis Public Schools Media Release Form (if you have not already submitted one before)
From Amanda- our trainer- Pre season physicals: Athletes can get their required physicals done at TRIA for free. Here is the link from the TRIA website with dates/ times/ locations Free MSHSL Sports Physicals | TRIA Please make sure if you need a physical to get it done and turned in ASAP.
New to the program? – sign up HERE to make sure you receive all communications
Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30-10:00 with Reuben and Cheryl
June 28 and 30, July 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 (No contact week the 4th of July week)
Captains Practice– August 9-13 (Optional)
– All are welcome to get ready for the season together. These practices are led by the captains and are optional.
Fall Season/Evaluations-begin August 16th
– Welcome to Washburn Soccer. We plan to have 3 days of evaluations then do team placement and begin practices.
– 8/11- Forms due to Athletic Office
– 8/24- Program Kickoff 6:00pm
– 8/26- Games begin
– 9/7- School begins
– 9/18- Super Soccer Saturday
– 9/28- Sylvester Cup
– 10/7- Senior Night